|Press Website Security">Press Website Security">||Don't build up your online business only to become a victim of hackers and lose your online income through lack of website security.
Word Press hacks can be extremely damaging and most people are oblivious to the dangers of hacks and the damage it can do to your business.
Hacking is big business, and hacking happens daily. Here are some simple and easy Web Security recommendations to avoid being hacked. This is a simple Website. Security Audit.
Website Security Audit - Lite
UPDATE: Make sure you keep Word Press and all its plug-ins up to date. An out of date version of Word Press is very vulnerable since security flaws are discovered on a regular basis and exploited very quickly.
1. AVOID FREE THEMES: Avoid free themes unless you know for a fact they are from a reputable developer. In checking free themes available through the top 10 search results of Google, it was found that 9 of them contained malware! Hackers provide pre-hacked themes so they can easily hack your site. The same is likely to be true for some un-reputable paid themes.
2. CHANGE DEFAULT USERNAME: The default username for the site admin is 'admin' (hackers know this). Create a new user with a different username and give that user full admin rights. Now delete the old 'admin' user and user the new one with a unique username.
3. STRONG PASSWORD: Make sure you use a strong password for your Word Press login including using lowercase, uppercase and special symbols.
4. INSTALL A SECURITY PLUGIN: Security plug-ins help prevent hacking and add an extra layer of defense. No matter what you do hacking is always a risk so a security plug-in is vital to protect your site, reputation and income.
5. GET EDUCATED: You can make more small and quick changes to your Word Press site to improve security and also prevent piracy. I hope you found these tips useful.
More Word Press Website Security Information
To learn more about blogging and internet marketing, visit Raleigh Internet Marketing
Free Security Sites - to get a free Word Press Plugin software to help secure your website visit WebsiteDefender Word Press Security